Sunday 15 September 2013

DAY 53: MY REACTIONS TO BERNARD POOLMAN’S DEATH - Part 1.


After reading the news about Bernard’s death, I was shocked. I felt this deep sense of loss and sadness. It is from within this that I began to cry for a while. Fortunately for me, I opened my email just before the time for the leadership forum chat and the group helped me stabilize at that particular moment.  After the chat, while in bed, I couldn’t sleep. I just kept thinking and asking myself why he had to leave so soon despite the fact that he was a major assistance and support point to everyone. I would see-saw between positive and negative reactions within and as energy through all the questions I asked. Within me was also some regret why I never utilized the opportunity of having him around effectively in my process.

On Monday, I willed myself to cry to release the energy that I had built up. And so I cried for a while. Afterwards, my family and I decided to do some physical activities together in order to ground us more into the physical and step out of the mind polarity game. We spent most of the day doing outdoor activities.

Evening came, had dinner and it was time for bed. I however dreaded the idea of going to bed because I was not sleepy despite my body being tired. And I couldn’t sleep. I was just lying in my bed, stable, breathing and after sometime, I drifted to sleep. This was short lived as I woke up to an anxiety attack. From here fear of death came in, I was so afraid of the thought of Bernard’s dying. I feared how we shall move on as a group and as an individual, how the whole of existence is going to be able to transcend without Bernard.  I really was breathing to release this anxiety attack but as time went by, by morning, it had accumulated so much that I was sweating profusely and my heart beat had skyrocketed. I was also trembling so bad that to me this was a state of emergency.  I called the doctor immediately and scheduled an appointment. Doctor ruled that it was anxiety attack and gave me some medication to calm me down, he also explained to me that, medication is not the answer but that I must face and take responsibility for what it was that I was accepting and allowing happening in my mind to cause such an unstable outcome. So we left for home, took half a tablet and went to bed. I did calm down and rested my body for a short while into stability. Later on, I investigated what I was busy accepting and allowing to exist within and as me that lead me to this point. Here is what I found:

·         I felt anger towards Bernard for dying so soon and so suddenly. I was angry that I thought he did not consider the outcome/consequences of his death, the consequences this will have on the whole of existence’s process, individually and collectively.

·         I was disappointed at myself for not having utilized the opportunity I had more effectively when he was still here as Bernard.

·         And then there was definitely the fear I had of the process ahead. I feared that I won’t make it, that we may not make it.

·         I was sad because I now don’t have the opportunity to meet Bernard in person and have a word with him face to face. We wanted to visit the farm many times but we couldn’t due to current situation at a given time.  We did make a commitment to visit the farm later this year and get to meet everyone at the farm including Bernard.

·         Bernard’s death triggered sadness and a feeling of deep loss within me.

·         I also triggered the fear of death within me. This is the main part from where my anxiety attack came from. From within and as the fear of death was other fears like, the fear of what will become of me after I am physically dead, the fear of ceasing to exist after I die.
Day 54: MY REACTIONS TO BERNARD POOLMAN’S DEATH - Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment