Friday 13 July 2012

DAY 12: CHANGE, CHANGE, CHANGE! - Part 3 Re-defining the word 'CHANGE'

REDEFINING THE WORD ‘CHANGE’.


1. Gathering information.

a. Establishing self’s allocation point how have I have been living this word?

·         I use the word ‘change’ when I am faced with situations in my life that make me unhappy.
·         I also use this word ‘change’ when I want people in my world to remain how I want them to remain so I can be happy.

·         Also I use the ‘change’ word when I want others do or be how I want them to so I can feel proud of myself that I have control over people or situations.
·         I use this word ‘change’ also when I want to change how things appear in my environment.
·         I use the word change to push people to become more and better in their lives.
·         I use this word ‘change’ to also prevent a situation or someone from becoming worse than already is.
·         Also I use the word ‘change’ when I am making some kind of substitution or replacement of a thing or someone like changing clothes.

·         Also when I want the difference of a certain amount of money returned to me.

b.   Dictionary Definition:
·         To make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.
·         To transform or convert (usually followed by into): The witch changed the prince into a toad.
·         To substitute another or others for; exchange for something else, usually of the same kind: She changed her shoes when she got home from the office.
·         To give and take reciprocally; interchange: to change places with someone.
·         To transfer from one (conveyance) to another: You'll have to change planes in Chicago.
·         To give or get smaller money in exchange for: to change a five-dollar bill.
·         To give or get foreign money in exchange for: to change dollars into francs.
·         To remove and replace the covering or coverings of: to change a bed; to change a baby.
c.   Sounding the word – ‘change’

 
‘cha-in’ (chain) -to hold something or someone to prevent from them escaping/transforming.
‘Pain’ –physical discomfort
‘In’ – to be locked, surrounded, immersed or enclosed by something or someone.
‘Age’ – becoming older or gaining time.
2.   Investigate the information of the word that has been gathered.
·         The word change in my world was associated with sometimes negative and sometimes a positive charge. For example, when I had to change to please others made me feel like id failed this people and hence I must change to please them, this was the negative, bad aspect I have with the word change. And the positive/good aspect is when I felt good and great, like a hero when I assisted people to change.

3.    New definition
a.   Creative writing:
·         The word ‘change’ as ‘age’: this is when one gains time and become older.

·         Change can also be: to transform oneself from one expression to another as life.


b.   Writing the definition:

 
To ‘change’ : This is to make, any and all forms, nature, content, future course, of something/self different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment